2016年1月9日 星期六

15 Women On Their "Unflattering" Hair, Makeup, Body Mods, And More

“IDGAF what dudes think. I’m wearing this for me.”

Kaye

Kaye

"Fat girls aren't 'supposed' to have short hair! People kept telling me for years, with varying degrees of tact, that it would make my face look too round, so I am eternally grateful for the hairstylist who finally did take the jump with me and hack all my hair off.

"I love, love, love my hair. Don't let somebody else decide what you should or shouldn't want to look like; your hair is yours, your body is yours, and you deserve to feel like a goddamn rock star every day, whatever that looks like for you."

Sarah Kobos / BuzzFeed

Anjali

Anjali

"'Long hair is beautiful' was something ingrained in me from a very early age, and with a relaxer my hair was long, wavy, and to many people around me, beautiful. But as I grew older, I slowly became disconnected from my relaxed hair. I started throwing around the idea of chopping off my hair to go natural, but I was told (in many different ways) that it would make me much less attractive.

"Since my hair is my business, I did it anyway, and I’m so glad I did! People might not like my shorter curls, but I do, and if I’m complimented on something I want it to feel like a part of me and not someone else’s narrow definition of beauty."

Sarah Kobos / BuzzFeed

Christina

Christina

"I shaved my head over the summer because it felt like the right time to do it, and doing it made me feel indisputably badass. I loved every part of it. Unfortunately when I returned home, my parents did not. My father said he thought I was turning into something frighteningly alien-like to him. My mother also told me that 'women without hair are not beautiful.'

"As much as it hurt to hear them say that, we're now at a point where we enjoy the limited time we have together when I visit them, and we don't argue about trivial things like my hair."

Sarah Kobos / BuzzFeed

Conz

Conz

"I'd wanted to have a tongue piercing since forever, but I finally got it done when I was 23 and felt so badass that nine years later, I'm still very much in love with it. The rest of the world seems to disagree with me, though — my parents ask me every time they see me when I will remove it, I've had guys on first dates make jokes about how I probably love giving head because 'you know, your piercing,' and friends call me 'the rebellious one' when I'm, like, 0% rebel.

"Maybe some day I'll get tired of it and remove it. Maybe I'll die with it on as a 95-year-old lady. Who knows! All that matters is that I love it, and so does my dentist."

Sarah Kobos / BuzzFeed


View Entire List ›



from BuzzFeed - Style http://ift.tt/1OaFPbq

沒有留言:

張貼留言