2016年4月1日 星期五

We Tried To Wear False Eyelashes And It Was A Nightmare

The struggle was very real.

Photos by Lauren Zaser

We're Alexis and Joanna, two people who are very bad at applying false eyelashes.

We're Alexis and Joanna, two people who are very bad at applying false eyelashes.

Left: Alexis with Tommy Pickles eyelashes. Right: Joanna poking herself in the eye.

Alexis Nedd / Joanna Borns / BuzzFeed

The individual lashes seemed the scariest, so we brushed up on the application process with this YouTube tutorial.

Joanna: I have very short eyelashes. I usually just coat them in ungodly amounts of mascara and leave it at that. My high school Spanish teacher once said that some people are just effortlessly glamorous. She then pointed out which students in class had that effortless glamour, and I wasn't one of them. Looking back, that was a pretty weird and messed up thing for a teacher to say, but I'd like to think that false eyelashes might help me exude a kind of effortless glamour.

I've tried to apply false eyelashes exactly once before in my life and it didn't go well. It looked very bad, and I aborted the look immediately before leaving the house. I'm worried that wearing fake lashes is something I'm just not capable of doing, but by god, I'm going to try.

Alexis: My eyelashes are very insignificant-looking. I don't wear mascara because I'm too lazy to take it off at the end of the day and would end up sleeping in it, which according to MY high school Spanish teacher is how her friend went blind. So with my no-mascara, teeny-lash baseline, I want to know what it feels like to have my eyelashes serve any aesthetic function on my face at all.

I can apply false eyelashes to other people because I have experience doing theater makeup, but I never got around to learning how to put them on myself. I tried to do it for last year's office holiday party and have a whole night's worth of humiliating and easily discoverable selfies where my lashes are clearly hovering a quarter inch above my eyelid. Very chic.


View Entire List ›



from BuzzFeed - Style http://ift.tt/21XfqSV

沒有留言:

張貼留言