2015年11月5日 星期四

Here's Why People Go To Historically Black Colleges

“When I finished high school there was no Civil Rights Bill. I wanted to go where I could learn more about myself and my people.”

BuzzFeed recently visited the Atlanta University Center, home of the historically black colleges Morehouse, Spelman, and Clark Atlanta University, to celebrate the three schools' 2015 homecoming.

BuzzFeed recently visited the Atlanta University Center, home of the historically black colleges Morehouse, Spelman, and Clark Atlanta University, to celebrate the three schools' 2015 homecoming.

Johnny Crawford For BuzzFeed News

"I had a choice between Tuskegee and Morehouse, and I chose Morehouse because of the legacy."

Zach Thomas / Jenny Chang / BuzzFeed

"My guidance counselor in high school [said], 'You're going to Morehouse,' and guess what? I came to Morehouse! It was just that simple. Signed, sealed, and delivered."

"My guidance counselor in high school [said], 'You're going to Morehouse,' and guess what? I came to Morehouse! It was just that simple. Signed, sealed, and delivered."

"We celebrated our 40th class reunion in 2013, and I've been back to every homecoming except one. The first year after I graduated I didn't come back; I was trying to make a living! We've been back ever since, wouldn't miss it for anything." —Samuel Williams, Morehouse Class of 1973

Zach Thomas For Buzzfeed News


View Entire List ›



from BuzzFeed - Style http://ift.tt/1Mm8A5n

沒有留言:

張貼留言